Is it Possible to Resend an Existing Email-Sent Email Record After It Failed to be Sent in Veeva CRM?
To resend the existing email, an associated Sent Email record, perform the following steps in order:
- In the event, the Status_vod__c field is not Saved_vod, but for example, it is Failed_vod:
The Status_vod__c needs to be changed to Saved_vod by changing its value to Approved_vod. The functionality automatically changes the Status_vod__c from Approved_vod to Saved_vod.
This is the expected behavior due to the Approved Email Review functionality.
- Clear the Failure_Msg_vod__c field.
- Clear the Reviewer_vod__c and Review_Datetime_vod__c fields. These fields get populated due to the Approved_vod to Saved_vod change, which is expected. The Status_vod__c field will remain Saved_vod, so unchanged.
- One hour is required to pass in regards to the Last Modified Date of the Sent Email record. The One Hour scenario is also the expected behavior.
- Run the Approved Email process manually in Veeva Process Scheduler or wait for the next scheduled job to pick up the Sent Email record.
- Be sure to check the Sent Email record if they are Dent then eventually Delivered and if there is an error message in the Failure_Msg_vod__c field.
If the affected Sent Email record is expected to be Delivered immediately - no Approved Email Review or Scheduling features are used - but the Status_vod__c remains Saved_vod without any error messages, this situation implies a configuration issue, which needs to be resolved.
It is technically possible to resend Sent Emails remaining in the Saved_vod status. To do so, change their Status_vod__c to Failed_vod manually and then perform the steps above, in the designated order.
However, in this specific scenario, instead, it is strongly recommended to have a new Sent Email record created using the Veeva functionality and Approved Email Entry point which originally did not work, examples are the Account Entry Point - Send Email Page, Consent Capture UI (Double Opt-in Confirmation), Engage Meeting, Call Entry points, and so on.
In case, the Unable to Process Email in 14 days error message is displayed, make sure that the Value of the Capture_Datetime_vod__c field of the Sent Email record is in the 14 days range - ahead or before - respectively to the value of the Created Date field of the Sent Email record, then repeat the steps above, in the designated order.
Description of the Capture_Datetime_vod__c field which is automatically populated: Capture_Datetime_vod captures the current time of the sent email creation. This is a server Date Time if captured online and a mobile time if captured offline.
In case, the Emails have been scheduled - Scheduled_Send_Datetime_vod__c is populated - Adjust the Capture_Datetime_vod__c in regards to the Scheduled_Send_Datetime_vod__c field on the Sent Email records.
- This approach and solution are advised to be used only in case of resolving special technical issues. The steps below are not supposed to be used as a daily (Business as Usual) task. It is strongly recommended to send out a new email using the Out-of-the-box (OOTB) Veeva functionalities.
- The solution works for any Approved Email Entry points: Double Opt-in, Engage Meeting, Unsubscribe, Surveys, and so on.
- The solution works for Sent Email Records created on Online and Offline CRM Platforms.
- Data loading is a viable option, mass Sent Email record updates may be executed.
- In production orgs, resending Sent Email records is not considered a practical solution due to the HCPs receiving duplicate emails potentially, in the event the previously Sent Email record was actually delivered.
- It may be required to adjust the Email Config Values field and other relevant fields of the Sent Email records, depending on the exact scenario, situation, or issue. It is possible that new error messages display after the correction and resending attempts. These misconfigurations are required to be rectified.
- Be sure to check that the Approved Document associated with the Sent Email record is either Staged or Approved. In Production orgs, the associated Approved Document must be in the Approved state.
- It is strongly recommended to test the steps above with one Sent Email record first, by making the changes manually in the Salesforce UI in order to establish the action plan for the rest of the affected records.
CRM Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.