What information is replicated in a Vault-to-Vault document migration? What information is not replicated?
The migration of documents from one Vault to another is not able to replicate the following information:
- Standard document relationships
- Audit Trails (Document Audit Trail, System Audit History, and Login Audit History)
- Docs with source file size of 0 bytes
- Timeline Views
To transfer this information, there are Best Practices to be followed in order to keep the Audit trail and Annotation information in a user-friendly format:
- Document relationships can be created using the Vault Loader (see Related Documentation), except for the relationships resulting from Make a Copy, Approved Email, Document Linking (anchor) and Engage & CLM Integration.
- Document Audit Trail and Annotations can be extracted in PDF format and loaded into a Document Type special for migration (recommended), rendition, or attachment.
- The System Audit log and the Login Audit log can be extracted and loaded into a migration Document Type.
To avoid multiple non-typical attachments to documents, a bundle can be created in the form of a zip to unite all the related information.
Vault Loader Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.