What information is replicated in a Vault-to-Vault document migration? What information is not replicated?
The migration of documents from one Vault to another is not able to replicate the following information:
- Standard document relationships
- Audit Trails (Document Audit Trail, System Audit History, and Login Audit History)
- Docs with source file size of 0 bytes
- Timeline Views
To transfer this information, there are Best Practices to be followed in order to keep the Audit trail and Annotation information in a user-friendly format:
- Document relationships can be created using the Vault Loader (see Related Documentation), except for the relationships resulting from Make a Copy, Approved Email, Document Linking (anchor) and Engage & CLM Integration.
- Document Audit Trail and Annotations can be extracted in PDF format and loaded into a Document Type special for migration (recommended), rendition, or attachment.
- The System Audit log and the Login Audit log can be extracted and loaded into a migration Document Type.
To avoid multiple non-typical attachments to documents, a bundle can be created in the form of a zip to unite all the related information.
Vault Loader Documentation: