What is the difference between Vault Loader and import Object in Veeva Align?
The differences between the two are listed below:
- Vault Loader is a Vault-provided tool. It does not benefit from many of the cascades, validation rules, or ability to upsert records using external ID or use an object's external ID to populate an object reference field.
- Import Product Object (or the Data Loader in general, as we call it) is a much more useful tool:
- It checks multiple validation rules that Veeva implements for various objects. There is a long list of these, making Data Loader is practical to use.
- It allows the mapping of file columns to the object's fields in the import wizard, and actually pre-maps most of them if the names are correct.
- It allows referencing of related objects using External ID fields in the file, rather than having to retrieve Vault ID values prior to loading. Example: if loading account_territory__aln records, it is possible to reference Accounts and Territories by the external_id__aln field rather than having to retrieve specific Vault ID values.
Note: It is sometimes better to use the Import function over using Vault Loader.
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.