Portal features such as the Portal and Portal Widget fields, or the Documents in this Portal section of the Portal Object, are not appearing in Vault.
The Portal feature is not enabled by default in Vault. If the Vault is existing before the Portal is added or the Vault is provisioned from a Vault that did not have Portal enabled, the feature needs to be configured.
The Portal and Portal Widget fields are shared fields in Vault. They can be added to any desired Document Type, or added to all document types by adding the shared fields to the Base Document.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to: Admin --> Configuration --> Document Fields.
- Go to the desired Document Type (or Base Document for all Document Types).
- Click Add, then Existing Shared Field.
On the Portal Object itself, the Documents In Portal section is also not standard. To configure, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Portal Object (Admin --> Configuration --> Objects --> Portal).
- Go to Page Layout.
- Click Create Section, then Related Documents. The name of the section can be changed, if desired, and this shows the documents that are in the designated Portal.
Vault Brand Portal Documentation: Adding Content To A Brand Portal
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.