How to generate a Push Notification Certificate for the Veeva CRM app on iPhone?
To enable the Veeva CRM application for use of Push Notifications, follow these steps:
Step 1: Enable the App Id for use of Push Notifications:
- Login to the user Apple Developer Enterprise Account at: https://developer.apple.com/account
- Navigate to Certificates --> Identifiers & Profiles.
- Under Identifiers, Select App IDs, and select the company Veeva CRM App Id.
- Click Edit.
- Select the checkbox for Push Notifications
- Click Done.
Step 2: Generate the Apple Push Notification Certificate:
- Select All under Certificates and then click the + button in the top right corner.
- Under Production, select Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production).
- Click Continue.
- Select the Veeva CRM app Id and click Continue.
- Create a CSR file as indicated in the instructions (this requires a Mac) and click Continue.
- Upload the .certSigningRequest file that is created and click Continue.
- A .cer file can now be downloaded for the Push Notification Certificate.
Step 3: Create a p12 file for the Push Notification Certificate for a Veeva User:
- Open Keychain Access and double-click the downloaded certificate from Step 2 of the instructions. This imports it into the key chain. Enter the user login password here as needed.
- Within Keychain Access, select the Keys category in the lower left-hand menu.
- Select the certificate just added under My Certificates, Ctrl-click, and select Export.
- Enter the file name as [companyname]PushCert.p12
Ensure the file format is set to Personal information exchange (.p12).
- Enter a password when prompted. Please take note of this password as it is needed it later.
Step 4: Create the Provisioning Profile with Push Notifications enabled:
- Log into the iOS provisioning portal and click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles and click the Provisioning profiles tab.
- Click the + add profile button and select the In-House radio button.
- Enter [companyname] iRep Distribution Profile (e.g. Veeva Systems iRep Distribution Profile) in the Profile name field.
- Ensure the correct iOS distribution certificate is selected.
Select the correct App ID that was modified in Step 1.
- Click Submit and then click the Download button next to the newly created distribution provisioning profile to download the .mobileprovision file.
- Click on the newly created Provisioning Profile and ensure that Push Notifications is listed under Enabled Services.
Email the .p12 file for the Push Certificate and the .mobileprovision file for the Provisioning Profile to email@example.com.
CRM Help Documentation: Generating Push Notification Certificates
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.