Is there a way to track documents that use the Annotate feature, as well as the types of annotations in Vault?
Yes. In order to track how many documents use the annotate feature in Vault, a user must create a document report. To create a document report:
- Open the Reports tab.
- Click Create.
- Select a Report Type to indicate the kind of data that the report should include.
- Enter a Name and Description for the report.
- Click Continue, the user is prompted to add conditional fields, filters and prompts. In order to track what or how many documents have annotations the user simply needs to create a Filter that looks like the following:
The user can edit the columns and group rows as needed. Some other Column values that a user may be interested in include: Annotations (Anchors), Annotations (Lines), Annotations (Links), Annotations (Notes), Annotations (Resolved), Annotations (Unresolved), Annotations (All)
- Click Run to view the results. The user can return to the Report Builder to modify the report details.
- Click Save.
The user is now able to track what documents have Annotations and how many documents there are with Annotations.
- Vault Help Documentation: Creating Reports
- KB Article: Report Types in PromoMats