How to add Documents into a Binder in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
A single document cannot be in the same section twice, but the document can be in different sections within the same binder. A document can also be added to multiple binders.
All document links in a binder point to the most recent version of the document, unless applied version binding is used.
To add documents, that are already in Vault, to a binder follow the steps below:
- Open editing mode, click Edit Binder from the Ellipsis.
- From the binder header area, click the Add dropdown and select Existing Documents.
- The Add Documents window opens. This window can display all documents for which the user has View Document permission and may have some default filters. These filters can be modified and new filters can be added.
- Select a different standard view, and search using this window.
- From the palette, add documents by clicking an item’s upper-left corner and dragging it into the binder view. An orange line appears in the binder to indicate where Vault adds the document. In List View, click the plus (+) icon to add a document.
- Optional: Select multiple documents by clicking and dragging the cursor in the palette or by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking. With multiple documents selected, click and drag them into the binder.
Note that the plus (+) icon to add existing documents only appears in the palette when viewing the binder in List View. This is because List View displays a single section at a time. Clicking the plus (+) icon, adds the documents to that particular section.
Outline View only allows dragging, which lets the user see where the document is placed within the displayed hierarchy.
Vault Help Documentation: Editing Binders