Salesforce (SFDC) has limitations on the number of values for custom picklists:
- Custom single-select picklists can have up to 1,000 values
- A controlling field can have up to 300 values. If the field is both a controlling field and dependent picklist, it cannot contain more than 300 values.
Can these limitations be increased?
With the approval from SFDC, the maximum number of custom single-select picklists can be increased up to 2000 and the maximum limit of the controlling picklist can be increased up to 500.
The following details need to be provided to SFDC for the approval:
- What is Organization ID of the production or sandbox? (Navigate to Setup --> Search for Company Information in the Quick Find Box --> Company Information --> Salesforce.com Organization ID).
- Is the requester a system administrator authorized on behalf of this organization to request this limit increase?
- Specific details about the business use case that benefits from having this limit increased.
- What would the requester like this limit to be increased to for both the limits?
Salesforce Help Documentation:
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.