Upon trying to extract or load a UTF-8 encoded .csv file from/into a CRM Org the following occurs:
- In the case of extraction, the format of the special characters in the resulting file is inconsistent.
- In the case of importing, a related data loading error might occur showing the corrupted characters of the related records.
The issue is caused by incorrect Salesforce Dataloader Settings. To correct the problem, follow these steps:
- Open Salesforce Dataloader.
- Click on Settings.
- Be sure the following settings are enabled (checked):
- Read all CSVs with UTF-8 encoding
- Write all CSVs with UTF-8 encoding
Salesforce Help Documentation: Data Loader
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for advice to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.