What actions are followed in a database refresh in CRM Offline?
Refreshing a database performs the following actions in order:
- Pull Base Salesforce Org configuration to the Device.
- Send User Activity Logs to Online.
- Update Data model (Referred to as metadata: Object definitions, fields, picklists, etc.) to the Device.
- Sync Account-Merge history to the Device.
- Sync Offline transactions (Unprocessed xml and pending database changes) to Online.
- Download a new database to the Device.
- If there are errors, it restores the old database.
- If successful, it dumps the old database
- CLM Media performs a standard sync. It downloads any new media files and deletes any media files that no longer have a Key Message record.
- VInsights Data is synced to the Device.
- Send User Activity Log of the sync to Online
Note: There is no chance of loss of data when performing a Database Refresh. It is common for Veeva Support to suggest that a user refresh the database if:
- The user is not seeing current data offline
- The user receives errors for many months
- The user receives certain sync errors (NScocoa errors).
CRM Help Documentation: Sync Overview
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.