Login authentication failed when connecting to FTP server by using Filezilla or other FTP clients.
There are a couple of root causes listed:
- The username or password is incorrect
- The user does not have permission to access the FTP server
A. Be sure the input user is using the correct format:
This uses the same username that the user logs in with.
B. Be sure the Password is correct.
C. Be sure the user has FTP server permission. The Admin should do the following:
- Navigate to ADMIN --> Users&Groups --> Permission Sets.
- Select the matched Permission Set for the user.
- Click Application tab in detail page.
- Check if the user has access for FTP staging feature.
Vault Help Documentation: How to Access FTP Servers
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.