Why does Vault show an error when attempting to create new users when Application Licenses shows that the user has additional licenses left to provision?
Vault tracks two types of licenses:
- Base User licenses - Control how many Accounts can be created within Vault.
- Application licenses - Allow already created users to access and use additional features added to Vault by an Application.
The Application licenses do not add additional Base User licenses. If the customer is at the maximum allotted Base User licenses and is attempting to create new User accounts with an Application license, an error occurs.
To resolve this, do one or both of the following:
- Inactivate a currently active account
- Reach out to your Account Executive to purchase additional User Licenses.
If the customer needs to add application licenses for existing Users, do the following:
- Navigate to: Admin --> Users & Groups --> [User's Profile].
- Enable (check) the applicable Application License checkbox.
Vault Help Documentation: N/A