How to make a document field required in Vault?
There are four ways for a Vault admin to make a Document Field required.
- Select User must always enter a value (required) in the Document Field setting.
- Navigate to ADMIN --> Configuration --> Document Fields.
- Select the specific document field.
- Click the Edit button for the document field.
- Select User must always enter a value(required).
- Set the Document Field as required by Field Dependency Rule.
- Navigate to ADMIN --> Configuration --> Field Dependencies.
- Click the Create button.
- Select the specific document type and select a field which is used to control another the target field.
- Click OK.
- Set the target field as is required as shown in the screenshot below.
- Use a validation rule in order to make these fields required on the affected object. Refer to the attached screenshot as an example of how to accomplish this configuration.
- Set the Document Field as required in Entry Criteria in the specific Lifecycle State.
- Navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Document Lifecycles.
- Select a specific Document Lifecycles.
- Click the States tab and select a specific state.
- Click the Entry Criteria tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Create Rule button.
- Select the option Field in the first drop-down list under Validate that.
- Select the target field.
- Select the option is not blank as shown in the screenshot below.
Vault Help Documentation: N/A