How to make a document field required in Vault?
There are four ways for a Vault admin to make a Document Field required.
- Select User must always enter a value (required) in the Document Field setting.
- Navigate to ADMIN --> Configuration --> Document Fields.
- Select the specific document field.
- Click the Edit button for the document field.
- Select User must always enter a value(required).
- Set the Document Field as required by Field Dependency Rule.
- Navigate to ADMIN --> Configuration --> Field Dependencies.
- Click the Create button.
- Select the specific document type and select a field which is used to control another the target field.
- Click OK.
- Set the target field as is required as shown in the screenshot below.
- Use a validation rule in order to make these fields required on the affected object. Refer to the attached screenshot as an example of how to accomplish this configuration.
- Set the Document Field as required in Entry Criteria in the specific Lifecycle State.
- Navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Document Lifecycles.
- Select a specific Document Lifecycles.
- Click the States tab and select a specific state.
- Click the Entry Criteria tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the Create Rule button.
- Select the option Field in the first drop-down list under Validate that.
- Select the target field.
- Select the option is not blank as shown in the screenshot below.
Vault Help Documentation: N/A
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.