What Is the impact in Veeva Align and in Veeva CRM in the event a Territory is end-dated in Veeva Align?
The scope of this article involves a Territory record not being in a Modeling Project. Territory end dating is also referred to as Territory Closure. It may be carried out using the Vault UI or the Align Dataloader.
Once the Territory record is end dated, the following child records are end dated regardless of their source__aln values:
- All Account Territories
- All Geography Territories
- All Territory Level Account Rules
- All Territory Products
- All Roster Member Territories
- All Territory Footprints
- All Territory-Level Account Exclusions
The following records associated with the Territory record are not end dated regardless of their source__aln values:
- Lookup Field Force
- Lookup Parent Territory
- Any Multichannel Cycle Plans (MCCP)
- Any Field Force Level Account Rules
- Any Field Force Level Account Exclusions
- Any Modeling record equivalents - Model Territories, Model Account Exclusions, Model Geography Territories, and so on - in any Modeling Projects
Furthermore, the Production Territory (production_territory__aln) lookup value referencing the Territory record in any Model Territory record is not nulled out.
End dating the Territory record using Business Admin and Vault Loader does not get cascaded to any of the child records.
In Veeva CRM, after the next Push to CRM process, the Territory record and all related Veeva CRM record associations are deleted with the exception of MCCP records.
Concerning Soft Deletion and Hard Deletion, Salesforce has a unique deletion mechanism in regard to TM 2.0-related objects, and standard/custom object records. For example, Territory2 records do not remain in the Recycle Bin, but My Setup Products records do.
For more information see: Why Soft-Deleted ObjectTerritory2Assocation (OT2A) Cannot be Retrieved and Restored in Veeva CRM?
The affected Veeva CRM objects/records are:
- ObjectTerritory2Association (OT2A having the AssociationCause of Territory2Manual) - Its associated AccountShare record (Having the RowCause of TerritoryManual)
- UserTerritory2Association (UT2A)
Once the Territory records and their associated data were end-dated and the deletions were pushed out, the Territory record and its associated data may be removed in Veeva Align. Deletion is not recommended in case custom integration is set up to query Veeva Align data for BI purposes. The intended usage of Veeva Align is to store the end-dated Territory and its associated data long-term due to tracking reasons.
- User/Roster Management-related records are handled in a special way.
- MCCP-related data does not get removed in Veeva CRM, even if the MCCP and MCCP Target records are end-dated in Veeva Align. The territory_vod__c lookup value of the MCCP record remains in Veeva CRM.
- However, any changes - field value updates - made to the MCCP record in Veeva Align are pushed to Veeva CRM.
Align Help Documentation:
- Can an End Dated CRM-Deleted Territory and Assignments be Restored in Veeva Align?
- Is it Required to Inactivate Veeva Align Territories Once they are End Dated and Their Deletion is Pushed out to Veeva CRM?
- Why Soft-Deleted ObjectTerritory2Assocation (OT2A) Cannot be Retrieved and Restored in Veeva CRM?
- In the Event, a Record is Deleted in Veeva Align, Does its Veeva CRM Counterpart Also Get Deleted by the Veeva CRM-Veeva Align Integration?
- How Does Role Management Work From the Perspective of the User Management Functionality of Veeva Align?