What are the situations that Merge Fields in Microsoft (MS) Word and can be re-triggered in Vault?
The Merge Fields for MS Word™ is a feature that replaces tokens in a document with field values in the Vault.
The following situations can trigger or re-trigger Merge fields:
- Upload a new version of a source file
- Copy a document and include the source file
- Create a new document from a template
- Reclassify a document
- Classify an unclassified document
- Update fields that are referenced by tokens within the source file (unless Merge Fields is set to No)
- Change the value for Merge Fields from No to Yes
- Re-render the document
Vault Help Documentation: Triggers for Field Merging
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.