How to merge multiple anchors in a document in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
Anchor merging is only available to Business Admins, System Admins, and Vault Owners. These users must have a security profile with the Viewer Administration: Merge Anchors permission and have the Annotate and Create Anchors permissions on the document.
To merge anchors:
- Open the appropriate document.
- Select the annotate button.
- Click the Add Link icon.
- Select Merge.
- Click and drag the cursor across the area of the document that contains the anchors in which to merge.
- From the Merge Anchors dialog box, select a named anchor with which to merge other selected anchors.
- Use the checkboxes to select the anchors to merge. If needed, there is an option to select Merge.
- Another dialogue appears to confirm the merging.
- Select Continue.
- A notification appears at the top of the window indicating that the anchors are successfully merged.
- Users can only merge existing anchors into an anchor created after enabling the Enhanced Document Links & Anchors feature.
- Merging anchors is not supported in the Vault mini-browser. This action must be done within the Document Viewer.
Vault Help Documentation: Merging Document Link Anchors
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.