Why a user cannot reclassify a document in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
There are a few reasons why a user may not be able to reclassify a document:
- The user does not have the Reclassify permission.
- The document is in the middle of an Active Workflow. This is a general rule and cannot be overwritten by a Vault Owner. The Active Workflow needs to be completed or cancelled in order to Reclassify the document.
- The user clicks the Edit Fields button so the Reclassify blue hyperlink is not visible.
The Reclassify link is visible in the General Section.
- The document is checked out. Vault allows the user to select the new document type, but it prevents the user to save the changes due to the error below:
- The user is trying to reclassify the document from a previous version.
- The document is in the Planned lifecycle state.
The document type the user is trying to reclassify is a Multichannel Presentation. For this document type, the Reclassify button is not available.
To determine who can reclassify a document, do the following using a user with Admin privileges:
Navigate to: Configuration --> Document Lifecycles -- [select the relevant lifecycle] --> States --> [select the relevant status] --> Security Settings.
Vault Help Documentation: Reclassifying Documents