How can reports be generated on Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scanned documents in Vault?
There are two ways to generate a report on OCR scanned documents.
- Using the shared OCR fields
- An admin must assign the shared fields to specific document types in order for the user to see them.
- The documents must be classified upon upload to arrange OCR field population. Otherwise, the fields show the default values.
- After completing both prerequisites, shared OCR fields can be used as filters to create library views and generate reports.
- Using the Document Audit History
- Navigate to: Admin --> Logs --> Document Audit History.
- Admin users can search OCR events such as OCR requested, OCR completed, OCR failed, etc.
Vault Rendition Documentation: OCR for Scanned and Veeva Snap Files