How can reports be generated on Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scanned documents in Vault?
There are two ways to generate a report on OCR scanned documents.
- Using the shared OCR fields
- An admin must assign the shared fields to specific document types in order for the user to see them.
- The documents must be classified upon upload to arrange OCR field population. Otherwise, the fields show the default values.
- After completing both prerequisites, shared OCR fields can be used as filters to create library views and generate reports.
- Using the Document Audit History
- Navigate to: Admin --> Logs --> Document Audit History.
- Admin users can search OCR events such as OCR requested, OCR completed, OCR failed, etc.
Vault Rendition Documentation: OCR for Scanned and Veeva Snap Files
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.