How to Create a New Anchor in PromoMats
Annotate and Create Anchors permission is needed.
A user can create new anchors while creating new links or editing existing links. These anchors are available for use in any future links and remain even if the original link is deleted. To create a new anchor:
- Open the Select Anchors dialogue. This dialogue opens when the user creates a new link. Or, click the link icon from an existing link annotation note.
- Find the target document using filters, views, and search terms as needed.
- Click Create new anchor in this document on the target document. The target document opens in a mini-browser window.
- Within the target document, select text or an area as the anchor location.
- Enter an Anchor Name, up to 140 characters. This name and the selected text identify the anchor in the Select Anchors dialogue.
- Click Save.
Note: Anchors should only be added to a document after this is created in Vault PromoMats.
- Vault Help Documentation: Using Link Annotations & Document Links
- Knowledge Base Article: How to Create New Reference Links (Anchors) in PromoMats
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.