How to configure Auto-Filing Binders?
When configuring auto-filing for binders, follow these steps:
- Navigate to: Admin --> Settings.
- Enable (add a checkmark) the setting Enable Dynamic Filing.
- Once enabled, go to Business Admin and under the Templates Section.
- Select Documents & Binders.
- Select the Document Type that the Auto-Filing Binder is created for.
- Press Create and Choose Binder Template.
- Label it and press Save.
- Across from the Binder Structure, press Edit. This creates a new section that can be named.
- Note: Auto-Filing Rules are based on these sections. Each section can have its own unique Document Type and fields.
- Once saved, press the Action wheel and select Set Filing Rules.
- Check the box that reads Allow automatic document filing into this section.
- Choose the Auto-Filing Criteria.
- Setting up Document Types as a filing rule: Once the Document Type for the section is selected, create a binder and choose the Binder Template that was just created.
- Once created, select the Action wheel of the newly created binder and choose Auto-File Documents.
- The Field is selected for the filing rules: Select Edit binder and press the Action Wheel of each section that has a field in its auto-filing rules. Select Set Filing Rules.
- A dialog box appears and asks the user to specify what the value of the field should be for this section.
- Once these steps are completed, proceed to the Action Wheel of the Binder.
- Select Auto-File Documents.
Please note that the Platform Dynamic Filing feature must be enabled by Veeva Support for the eTMF vault in order for the Enable Dynamic View setting to be available on the general (non-specialized) binder templates. The TMF Viewer displays documents in the binder nodes based on the specified filing criteria for those nodes.
Vault Help Documentation: