What is the Record ID and Master Align ID of a record in Veeva Align? How can they be retrieved?
The Record ID is a unique identifier for any records located in Veeva Vault and in Veeva Align. These IDs exist in a 15-character format and are stored in the ID field of any Vault or Align objects.
IDs can be retrieved in several ways, the most common ones being:
- Placing the ID field on the Page Layout of any respective Objects
- Vault Reports or Vault Loader extracts
- The use of Business Admin
By opening any record in Business Admin, its ID can be retrieved from the URL:
The Record ID can also be retrieved by placing the ID field on the Object List Layout in Business Admin:
The Master Align ID is another unique identifier solely used by Veeva Align. Its purpose is to clearly identify Align-only records and processes. These IDs exist in a 36-character format and are stored in the master_align_id__aln field of any Objects located in Align.
Master Align IDs can be retrieved in several ways, the most common ones being:
- Viewing the record's detail in Vault View and in Business Admin. The master_align_id__aln field is placed on in the System Information section of page layout and Business Admin Object Lists of most Align objects by default.
- Vault Reports or Vault Loader extracts.
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.