What are the Record ID and Master Align ID of a record in Veeva Align? How can they be retrieved?
The Record ID is a unique identifier for any records located in Veeva Vault and in Veeva Align. These IDs exist in a 15-character format and are stored in the ID field of any Vault or Align objects.
IDs can be retrieved in several ways, the most common ones being:
- Placing the ID field on the Page Layout of any respective Objects
- Vault Reports or Vault Loader extracts
- The use of Business Admin
By opening any record in Business Admin, its ID can be retrieved from the URL:
The Record ID can also be retrieved by placing the ID field on the Object List Layout in Business Admin:
The Master Align ID is another unique identifier solely used by Veeva Align. Its purpose is to clearly identify Align-only records and processes. These IDs exist in a 36-character format and are stored in the master_align_id__aln field of any Objects located in Align.
Master Align IDs can be retrieved in several ways, the most common ones being:
- Viewing the record's detail in Vault View and in Business Admin. The master_align_id__aln field is placed on in the System Information section of page layout and Business Admin Object Lists of most Align objects by default.
- Vault Reports or Vault Loader extracts.