How to remove sync errors from CRM on iPad?
Most sync errors can be resolved by the following:
- Using the Undo and Undelete from the Errors Tab: Handling Sync Errors
- Addressing the sync errors root cause.
There are many Knowledge Base solution articles providing steps to resolve most errors. A good place to start is by reviewing the following articles:
If sync errors cannot be resolved or the issue is unclear, Veeva Support assists the customer in reviewing the error and provides guidance. In certain circumstances, the best option is to remove the error which prevents the data change or update from syncing online. There are two options to remove these errors:
- Reinstall a device
- Use the Clear Client Sync Error process to clear the error and restore the database.
To Reinstall a device:
- Recover the Vtrans: How to Recover the VTrans Folder (iPad) in CRM?
- If there are any unsynced transactions or sync errors, open a ticket with Veeva Support to load the Vtrans.
- Uninstall the device.
To clear all errors from a device using Clear Client Sync Errors process:
- Have the user sync and be sure there are no other errors other than the ones that need to be cleared.
- Grant the user Edit Field Level Security (FLS) to User.Clear_Client_Sync_Errors_vod__c.
- Set the Clear_Client_Sync_Errors_vod__c = True on the User detail record. The field is automatically disabled (unchecked) after a successful sync. However, the mobile device continues to suppress errors that are flagged when it is enabled.
- Clear Veeva Cache.
- Instruct the affected users to sync.
- When the user has properly synced, the Admin should verify that User.Clear_Client_Sync_Errors_vod__c is automatically unchecked.
When enabled for a user, the Clear Client Sync Errors flag suppresses sync errors on the mobile device. It is automatically disabled (unchecked) after a successful sync. However, the mobile device continues to suppress errors that are flagged when it is enabled. If used in conjunction with the Force Full Refresh flag, it resets the Offline DB to match the online data.
CRM Help Documentation: Handling Sync Errors
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.