In Vault, Permission Sets are a way to group permissions together. Security profiles use the Permission Sets to grant or restrict users’ access to certain features, particularly system administration functions such as user management or object record creation.
A Vault user copies a system provided Permission Set where All Configuration permission is selected. However, the checkbox of the Picklist Edit permission is greyed out which means the permission is uneditable.
Granting certain permissions automatically grants additional permissions. When editing, these dependent permissions are grayed out as long as the controlling permission is selected. Because the All Configuration permission of the copied permission set is selected, the controlling permissions of the Picklist are pre-selected using the copy process.
A Vault admin requires to follow the steps below to unselect the controlling permissions of Picklist permission:
- Navigate to: Admins --> Users & Groups --> Permission Sets --> [Permission Set].
- Optional: Unselect the All Configuration and All Configuration Read checkboxes first if they are selected.
- Optional: Unselect the Create and Delete checkboxes for Objects and Document Fields first if they are selected.
- Unselect the Edit permission checkbox for Objects.
- Unselect the Edit permission checkbox for Document Fields.