What information is copied when a Vault is cloned? What is included in a new Sandbox?
When creating or refreshing a Sandbox, Vault copies (clones) the configuration from a production Vault.
The following are not included in the copy:
- Object records for certain objects (This list varies by application. Contact your Veeva representative for a full list of included and excluded objects. This list is subject to change without notice.)
- Users (Note that groups are included in the configuration copy, but user membership is not.)
- Auto Managed Groups where the Allow selection in configurations setting is not enabled
- Domain-level settings (SSO, security policies, etc.)
- User-specific security overrides (We recommend configuring security overrides using groups, not individual users.)
An admin can recreate most of the excluded items in the new Sandbox Vault using Configuration Migration Packages and Vault Loader.
- Vault Help Documentation: Vault Help