After uploading a new version of a document and bringing forward the annotations from a previous version, a warning window appears with a message: Document may not exist, or you may no longer have permission to view it when users Resolve annotations. Why does the error occur?
The error occurs in different scenarios:
- User 1 and User 2 are working on the same document.
- User 2 changes the status of the document.
- User 1 does not refresh the page so it is still the previous status.
- User 1 tries to resolve the annotation but does not have Annotate permission on the new status. This causes the error to occur.
- User 1 and User 2 are working on the same document. The document version is 0.1.
- User 2 approves the document and the document version becomes 1.0.
- User 1 does not refresh the page, so the document version is still 0.1.
- User 1 tries to resolve the annotation but version 0.1 is deleted, so the error occurs.
Vault Help Documentation: Bringing Forward Annotations
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.