After uploading a new version of a document and bringing forward the annotations from a previous version, a warning window appears with a message: Document may not exist, or you may no longer have permission to view it when users Resolve annotations. Why does the error occur?
The error occurs in different scenarios:
- User 1 and User 2 are working on the same document.
- User 2 changes the status of the document.
- User 1 does not refresh the page so it is still the previous status.
- User 1 tries to resolve the annotation but does not have Annotate permission on the new status. This causes the error to occur.
- User 1 and User 2 are working on the same document. The document version is 0.1.
- User 2 approves the document and the document version becomes 1.0.
- User 1 does not refresh the page, so the document version is still 0.1.
User 1 tries to resolve the annotation but version 0.1 is deleted, so the error occurs.
Vault Help Documentation: Vault Help