What is meant by Feedback Data Overwrite in a Veeva Align Modeling Project which Contains or does not Contain an MC Cycle? Why is Recalculate Territory Data recommended instead of running Assignment Preview and Assignment Commit in the related Modeling Field Force during a live Feedback Period?
Recalculate Territory Data only updates goal-related values, visualizations related to the MC Cycle Page (Staffed, Reach, Utilization), and to Future Territory Alignments tab. It also refreshes them. However, during a Live Feedback Period, Assignment Preview and Commit, depending on the changes on the project, can cause unexpected data modifications in the event Targeting Rules are in use.
Example #1 - Project Contains an MC Cycle:
Assignment Preview and Commit may add new Targets in the event the Targeting Rule remains active. See Are New Accounts Added to a Veeva Align Maintained Cycle and Pushed to CRM?
Example #2 - Project Contains an MC Cycle:
It is possible for a Modeling Assignment Preview and Commit process to remove an account from a territory even though the end-user is providing Targeting Feedback on that account. Or the end-user removes MCCP Channels and/or MCCP Products from a Target even if the end-user is editing the MCCP Channel and/or MCCP Product of a Target in the Future Territory Alignments tab. Doing so in the middle of a feedback period may cause confusion for end-users who suddenly cannot find an account they are challenging.
Example #3 - Project Does not contain an MC Cycle:
In the event, there is no MC Cycle in the project it is still possible to overwrite account assignments, like by removing an account that the end user previously saw as remaining in their territory these changes will not be causing data problems. Similarly to scenario #2, It still may just be confusing for the end users if accounts go in and out of their territory in the middle of feedback. Recalculate Territory Data would not affect account assignments, but it is useful for feedback because it refreshes the backend cache that feedback accesses. If an Assignment Preview or Commit are not run, but, significant accounts assignment updates were done manually/by data load, or new roster members were added to territories, running Recalculate Territory Data would rebuild the backend cache to reflect these changes. For this reason, it is also recommended to run Recalculate Territory Data in this scenario.
The following Model Preview Window also warns of this consequence:
- In case the Live Feedback Period is not started, running Assignment Preview and Commit is safe.
- Feedback won't be lost in the case of MC Cycles that are published. Due to Recalculate Territory Data in the Modeling Project, the goals will be updated (overwritten) with the latest but valid values.
- It is recommended to take backup of the Feedback data regularly.
Align Help Documentation:
- Are New Accounts Added to a Veeva Align Maintained Cycle and Pushed to CRM?
- Which Object Records And Field Values are Necessary to Extract to Backup Veeva Align Project Feedback Data?
- The Utilization Section Shows Zero Figures on the MC Cycle Record in the Vault View of Veeva Align
- When may Veeva Align Feedback Data be Lost in the Targeting Feedback Process?