How to Resave Veeva Align Data?
There are several ways of Resave data in Veeva Align:
- Editing a record and changing a non-critical field value in the Vault UI - Such as the Description field of a Territory record. In some cases, editing and saving the affected record simply can also help or pin point the cause of a data error.
- The same steps can be done with the Align Data Loader. This is especially useful in case of lots of records. Choose a non-critical field, change its value, revert it back in a series of update actions. In some cases, updating the affected records simply can also help or pin point the cause of a data error.
- It is also recommended checking out complex data integrity issues using Business Admin or Vault Loader, however, these methods may be tested first.
Non-critical field examples:
- Start Date
- End Date
- External ID
- It is advised to try these methods with one record first.
- In some cases, the error files of certain processes can be (re)imported again in Align.
- It is possible that certain fields cannot be updated and must be taken out of the importable file in the event a full extract was retrieved. It is recommended to use as minimum number of columns to resave Align data.
For example, in case of a Territory resave The Territory ID / External ID field and Description fields are sufficient to use. Other fields are not needed. The whole record with all of its field values is refreshed in this case.
If there are any errors, the Align validation logic will display it.
- In case of resave Territories and Footprints in the UI or via the Align Data Loader, their child records (For example Account Territories or Footprint Geographies) may be refreshed in the event there is a discrepancy detected in the date times which need to be updated.
Align Help Documentation: