How to create a Brand Portal in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
The Brand Portal is a digital asset management tool that allows users to curate and share up-to-date content with other users and teams in a simplified user interface.
The Portal feature must be enabled by an Admin by selecting the Enable Portal checkbox under Admin --> Settings --> Application Settings.
A user's ability to create and edit Portals is controlled by the following permissions:
|Object: Portal: Read, Create, Edit, Delete
Ability to see, create, edit, and delete Portal object records.
The first step in creating a Portal is to create an object record:
- Go to Business Admin --> Portals.
- Click Create.
- Name the Portal.
- Optional: Add a description to your Portal. The Portal Homepage contains this information under the About section.
- Optional: Select a Primary Color and Highlight Color. These must be six-letter Hex colour codes. Blank fields default to standard Vault colours.
- Optional: Choose a Portal Logo from your Vault library. Logos appear in portal headers and on Portal Selector pages. A logo file should be an image file (PNG, JPEG, etc.) and not a video, audio, or any other file format. In the absence of a logo, no image appears in the Portal Selector, while the standard Vault logo displays on the Portal Homepage.
- Optional: Select a Version for the logo image document. This selection defaults to the latest Steady state version.
- Click Save. Users can create another Portal by clicking Save + Create.
By saving the Portal, Vault creates the Portal Widget object records, which make up both the object framework and the Portal Homepage. Users can view the new portal by selecting View Portal from the Portal record's Actions menu. The Portal opens in a new tab.
Choose Configure Page Layout from the Actions menu to configure the object page layout for the newly-created Portal object. This change only affects the layout of the object record detail page, not that of the Portal Homepage.
It is also possible to create a new Portal from the All Portals page by clicking Edit, and then clicking the + button:
Vault Help Documentation:
- Configuring a Portal (Vault PromoMats and Vault Medical)
- Using the Portal Editor (Vault PromoMats and Vault Medical)
Knowledge Base*: Video: Brand Portal Public Education for Vault PromoMats
*Note: In order to view the webinar, the user must have a Support Portal account and be signed in.