Can Veeva Align be used to make Mid-Cycle Changes?
The Mid-Cycle period refers to live MC Cycle data in CRM, whose attainment is calculated after each MCCP Calculation job. The MC Cycle is published in Align and its status is In Progress in CRM. (MC Cycle Plans are also In Progress)
Veeva Align does not support MC Cycle and child data changes during the Mid Cycle period and attempting to make these changes can result in unexpected behavior and data changes. This is due to the fact that all fields of the MC Cycle and its data can be overwritten by the Push.
It is recommended to make the changes in CRM. Veeva CRM supports Goal Editing during the Mid-Cycle.
Align is solely designed for the Pre-Cycle period.
In the event, changes are inevitable using data loading (explicitly). In the case of creating, deleting, and updating any MCCP-related records in both systems need to be carried out manually. Both of the following requirements have to be met:
- The master_align_id__aln (System generated) field value of any MCCP records in Align needs to match with the master_align_vod__c (Editable) field in CRM.
- The crm_record_id__aln (editable) field value of any MCCP Records in Align needs to match the CRM Record ID (System generated) of the records in CRM.
Not meeting these requirements results in trigger-related errors while performing Push to CRM.
Align Help Documentation:
CRM Help Documentation:
- How to Push a Published MC Cycle and its Related Data Multiple Times into Veeva CRM?
- Is it Possible to Remove Multichannel Cycle Plan Target Records with Align?
- Are New Accounts Added to a Veeva Align Maintained Cycle and Pushed to CRM?
- What are the Main Differences Between the CRM Goal Editing and the Veeva Align Targeting/Feedback Functionalities?
- How to Locate the SFDC ID of a Record in Veeva CRM (Salesforce)?
- What are the Record ID and Master Align ID of a Record in Veeva Align?
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.