How does a user generate a list of Search Modifiers that are used in their Vault?
In order for a user to get a list of Search Modifiers that are utilized in Vault, run a Vault Configuration Report (navigate to: Admin --> Deployment --> Vault Config Report) for the Vault with all of the options unchecked except the Document --> Docfield option. Once the user has the Excel file exported, filter the Document Field results to get the ones that can be used as Search Modifiers by including these filters:
- Filter the Type column to include the following Document Field Types: String, Picklist, Boolean, ObjectReference, and Lookup
- Filter the default_security column so that Document Fields whose default security is "hidden" are not included
- Filter the active column so that inactive Document Fields are not included (would say "False" in this column if the field is inactive)
- Filter the queryable column so that non-queryable Document Fields are not included.
After the list is filtered, the Role, Classifications, and fields that have functions need to be removed.
There are some special conditions that prevent fields from being made available as modifiers:
- There is not a way to filter the List by Role
- Classification is actually applied as the Type modifier which includes doctype, subtype, and classification
- Some fields won't appear as modifiers either because they are not available in the search index like some of the file metadata fields, or they have some special function like Checked Out, Archive, or Binder Locked.
Vault Help Documentation: Search Modifiers
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.