How to effectively manage the Start Date of the Roster Members in regards to their Roster Member Territories in Veeva Align?
By default, the Roster Member's Start Date field is mapped to the User's CreatedDate in CRM. This scenario can bring up the following error when creating a roster member territory.
Start Datetime cannot be before roster_member__aln Start Datetime. This is because the CreatedDate in CRM does not necessarily represent the date when the user actually starts working in the Territory. The scenario can also occur after moving the start dates of the roster member records because the Import from CRM overwrites the Start Date back to the createddate, when a modification happens to the User record in CRM.
The resolve the issue, the following is recommended:
- Create a CRM custom Date field on the User object in CRM with a default value of 1990-01-01.
- Be sure to provide Edit Field Level access (FLS) to this custom field for the CRM Connection User.
- Map this CRM custom field to the Start Date field in Align.
- Either run a Full User Import using the related Process Monitor record, or manually update the start date field values in Align. See How to Import All Records of Particular CRM Object(s) into Veeva Align Without Running a Full CRM Refresh or an Import Date Override Job?
- The CreatedDate can be still tracked in Align by creating a dedicated Align Custom Field and mapping it to the CreatedDate field in CRM. Be sure to place it onto the Roster Member Page Layout and provide the necessary field level security for the end users, in Align.
In terms of BI (Downstream Systems) or Reporting Purposes, the start date of the first Roster Member Member Territory record has to be considered as the first working day of the Roster Member.
- This scenario may occur in the event Roster Management is not enabled or if the Roster Member is not Align Mastered.
- The aforementioned steps are not the only solution possible, but one recommendation which proved to be satisfactory.
Align Help Documentation:
- How to Import All Records of Particular CRM Object(s) into Veeva Align Without Running a Full CRM Refresh or an Import Date Override Job?