How to create a report showing number of downloads of a document in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
This information can be extracted by using the Document Usage report type. However, this type of report needs to be enabled by an Admin first.
To enable this report type, an Admin should navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Report Types, and create a report type with the Document Usage object.
Once enabled, users can create a report showing all the users who downloaded a specific document by following the next steps:
- Open the Reports tab.
- Click Create.
- Select Document Usage as the Report Type.
- Enter a Name and Description for the report. This step can be skipped as the details can be entered when saving the report later on.
- Click Continue.
- Add the below filters:
Document > equals > *Document number*
Activity Type > equals > Source Download or Rendition Download (the type of download can be specified)
- OPTIONAL - Click on Edit Columns to add further information, such as Activity Type (should equal Source Download or Rendition Download depending on the filter previously set), Activity Date (the date and time the document was downloaded by a user), Channel (how the document was accessed), or Document Usage Count (the amount of times the document was downloaded by a user). More columns can be added, removed, and rearranged to one's liking.
- OPTIONAL - For this specific report, we recommend to group rows by User.
- Click on Run to preview the report. If needed, the user can return to the Report Builder to modify the report details.
- Click Save.
Vault Help Documentation: Document Usage Metrics