What is the difference between Create Draft and Reapproval in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
If a user reapproves a document, the document leaves its current state and enters a Reapproval cycle.
- Depending on the configuration, the document is sent to certifiers or approvers.
- Depending on the outcome, the document is approved for continued use. Or, it enters an Expiry or Not approved for continued use state.
- In the Steady State and depending on the configuration, the version number stays the same or updates to a new Major Version.
If the user creates a Draft, the document leaves the Steady State and enters the starting Draft state.
- In Draft, the user can make any changes or updates to the document, including uploading a new version. The document number and existing history stay the same, but the version changes.
- Depending on the configuration, users need to follow the configured review and approval process to get their document back into the Steady State.
Vault Help Documentation: Creating New Draft Versions