How does MCCP work with the Out-of-the-Box My Schedule functionality of Veeva CRM?
Quoting the CRM Help documentation to define the purpose of this functionality:
To simplify the call scheduling process from My Plan on the iPad, users can now filter Targets based on progress metrics. For example, users can filter for under-reached targets and send them directly to a scheduler. To support scheduling calls from the My Plan menu, the timeline bar at the top of the Status and Targets tabs displays the real-time progress of the cycle. For example, Sarah Jones filters her Targets and sees she needs to make a call on Clinton Ackerman. She can schedule calls with Dr. Ackerman directly from My Plan.
If configured, the Send to Scheduler functionality will be present in the Targets tab of the My Plan tab, when a target is selected. This is where the end-user can schedule calls against MC Cycle Plan Target Accounts from. This article focuses on the My Schedule part of the filtering functionality.
To initially test the functionality, the following and appropriate (Profile-specific) Veeva Settings need to be populated in Veeva CRM Online.
1. The suggested SCHEDULER_CONFIGURE_DISPLAY Veeva Setting field values and their syntax are as follows:
This Veeva Setting requires semi-colons as a separator. It is not required to add them at the beginning and the end of the fields.
2. As for the SCHEDULER_FILTER Veeva Setting, the following field values are recommended to choose from:
This Veeva Setting requires comma as a separator. It is not required to add them at the beginning and the end of the fields.
In the event the values of the SCHEDULER_FILTER exceed the character limit, it is possible to outsource the values into a Veeva Message, which is instead added into the SCHEDULER_FILTER Veeva Setting.
In the SCHEDULER_FILTER Veeva Setting, enter: SCHEDULER_FILTER;;Scheduler
Create a Veeva Message, and populate the fields as follows:
- Message Name: SCHEDULER_FILTER
- Category: Scheduler
- Description: MCCP SCHEDULER FILTER CHAR LIMIT
- External ID: en_US-SCHEDULER_FILTER
- Type: Custom Setting
- Active: Checked
- Language: en_US
- Text: Enter the desired fields here, separating them by a comma.
In case of both Veeva Settings, new fields can be defined as per the business requirements.
Be sure to clear the Veeva Cache in the online platform and run a DB Refresh on the offline platform.
3. In order to use the functionality on CRM for iPad or CRM for Windows, the end user must have a valid MCCP configuration, and piece of data - MC Cycle, MC Cycle Plan, MC Cycle Plan Target, MC Cycle Plan Channel/MC Cycle Plan Product, MC Cycle Channel - set up online and downloaded in the offline platform. The MC Cycle and MC Cycle Plan have to be in the progress state and must be calculated once using the MCCP job. (Veeva Process Scheduler -> Multichannel Cycle Plan Process)
4. To use the functionality on the offline platform, navigate to My Schedule Week View -> Tap on the Account icon on the top left -> Tap on the Gear / Coghweel icon -> Tap on Display By / Account Identifier -> Tap on Account -> The end user's MC Cycle Plan show up -> Tap on it -> Tap on the Save button -> The View Plan Details will become active for the MC Cycle Plan Target Account.
After saving the Configure Display option, the View Plan Details become available for the MC Cycle Plan Target Account:
In the third filter icon, Target accounts can be filtered belonging to this MC Cycle Plan.
- This functionality is not to be confused with the Classic Cycle Plan related Scheduler options such as advanced cycle plan scheduling.
- The presented data is not customer specific.
CRM Help Documentation: