What is the default Record Type of the calls that are created from the My Schedule page and from the Account page? How do the fields behave on the page layouts?
- Creating the Call from My Schedule:
- The Call is actually created and saved to the database.
- The Record Type is set to the default one that the user has. This is normally set on profile level.
- Salesforce stamps all other field values to the default, depending on the Record Type, as well.
- Creating the Call from an Account page:
- The Call is not committed to the database.
- The default values technically do not exist on the record.
- When a Record Type is selected or changed, the other field values are fetched again, according to the dependencies.
CRM Online Help: Selecting Call Report Record Types