How to Safely Remove and Restore MCCP Data in Veeva CRM From the Perspective of the Veeva Align - Using the Veeva CRM Integration?
This perspective also includes restoring the MCCP Data after corrections are made on the Align side.
When a large amount of MCCP data gets removed in Veeva CRM, due to the complexity of the relationships among the MCCP-related objects, SFDC does not immediately hard-delete these records, 24 hours must pass. Currently, Align queries soft-deleted records and may throw an ENTITY_IS_DELETED error message in case the integration finds such records (Their IsDeleted field values are true). For this reason, the safest way to remove MCCP data from CRM and restore it via Align is as follows:
- Blank out / null out the master_align_id_vod__c field values of the affected MCCP-related object records in CRM.
- Remove the desired MCCP Data, and hard delete them (Purge them / Clear the Recycle bin) in CRM.
- Blank out / null out the crm_record_id__aln on the record counterparts in Align.
- The Push to CRM from the Align side will recreate the records again in this scenario, in the event the Include in Push field is true on the MC Cycle record.
Align uses the crm_record_id__aln field on the MCCP-related objects to match the appropriate records in CRM. In turn, Align also populates the master_align_id_vod__c field on the MCCP-related objects. Both field values have to be consistent in both systems. The CRM Record ID in CRM is system generated and the Master Align ID field in Align is also system generated.
- In the event that only deletion is needed in both systems, ensure to follow Step 1 and Step 2 of the Deletion section. Blanking out the master_align_id_vod__c field values is still required in this scenario in CRM. Once Step 1 and Step 2 of the Deletion section have been completed, the MCCP data may be removed from Align.
Align Help Documentation:
- How to Push a Published MC Cycle and its Related Data Multiple Times into Veeva CRM from Veeva Align?
- What is the Difference Between the Include in Push and Send to CRM Fields in Veeva Align?
- Is It Possible to Remove Multichannel Cycle Plan Target Records with Align?
Send us your feedback: We are always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article is helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience by clicking here.