What are the Purposes of the Channel Activity Max and Product Activity Max Fields in the Veeva CRM MCCP Functionality?
The Channel Activity Max field is located on the MC Cycle Plan Channel object.
The Product Activity Max field is located on the MC Cycle Plan Product object.
In order to understand their purposes, consider the following value examples with an MC Cycle Plan Channel record:
The Channel Weight of the respective MC Cycle Channel is 1.
The value of the Channel Activity Goal field of the MC Cycle Plan Channel record is defined as 2. The customer defines the value of this field.
The value of the Channel Activity Max field of the MC Cycle Plan Channel record is defined as 4. The customer may define the value of this field.
The value of the Channel Activity Actual is 5. The value is calculated by the MCCP Admin job, it shows the total count of all of the records meeting the MC Cycle Channel criteria. In this example, it is supposed that 5 records meet the MC Cycle Channel Criteria. The value of the Channel Interactions Actual is 5 due to the Weight.
The value of the Channel Interactions Earned will be 4. The value is calculated by the MCCP Admin job, it shows the weighted total count of the records meeting the MC Cycle Channel criteria, however since the Channel Activity Max is set as 4, the Channel Weight of the MC Cycle Channel is 1, the Channel Interactions Earned will be 4 as well.
The same logic applies to the MC Cycle Plan Product records and their field counterparts: Product Weight, Product Activity Goal, Product Activity Max, Product Activity Actual, and Product Interactions Earned.
Conclusion: the business purpose of these fields is to cap the Territory performance of the end user. -> Specifically, to cater to the scenario, when the end user (Sales Rep) exceeds his/her own goals.
- In the event the Channel / Product Activity Max fields are not populated, the value of the Channel Interactions Earned will be equal to the value of the Channel Activity Actual.
- This logic also applies to Team-Based Goals and their respective field counterparts.
- The values of the Max fields can be managed via the Veeva Align Targeting functionality.
- The "Interactions" counterparts of these fields show the weighted values.
CRM Help Documentation:
- What are the Purposes of the Channel Interactions Goal / Actual / Earned and Product Interactions Goal / Actual / Earned Fields of the MCCP Functionality in Veeva CRM?