How to Verify Whether the Zip Content of Vault/Non-Vault Managed Key Messages is Available for Use of Vault/Non-Vault Managed CLM Presentations in Veeva CRM?
- Legacy Content - Non-Vault Managed - resides on the Content Server. This content is uploaded directly into CRM or via FTP.
- Vault Managed Content resides on the Content Distribution Network (CDN) and is managed via Veeva Vault.
If the content is not in the CDN or Content Server, the scenario is considered a misconfiguration.
In the event, that there is only one Key Message record belonging to a Presentation record via a Presentation Slide record, the following steps may be taken to verify the status of the zip content:
- Ensure to provide access to the Media File Visualforce Page.
- Place the Media File Visualforce Page onto the Key Message Page Layout in its own section.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
- Attempt to download the zip by clicking on its name. The downloading process should be successful.
In case, the content is not found, errors such as File not available. or File x is not available on the CDN at... may be seen.
However, in the scenario of multiple Key Messages, this method may be cumbersome. In order to verify the zip content of multiple Key Messages belonging to a specific CLM Presentation effectively, follow these steps:
- Place the View All Media Button onto the CLM Presentation Page Layout.
- Provide access to the View All Media Visualforce Page.
- Clear the Veeva Cache.
- Click the View All Media button on the desired Presentation record.
- The zip content of the desired may be downloaded from this page.
The View All Media Visualforce Page may be directly accessed via this URL:
Errors may display here in case the content is not found in both cases.
This method is useful for several other reasons as well:
- Support Access to Vault is not required to download the content.
- No configuration change is required in CRM Production / Sandbox orgs.
(Apart from the VF Page access, if it is not provided)
- The VF page provides a clear overview of the status of the content of each Key Message, and the zips can be downloaded as well.
- The presented data is not customer specific.
- After refreshing a CRM Sandbox, the legacy CLM content will not be available, CLM Relinking is necessary.
In the case of Vault Managed content, the refreshed CRM sandbox has to be reconnected to the Vault instance and Incremental Sync / Force Full Refresh needs to be run.
CRM Help Documentation: