How does Run in Background work for Reports in Vault PromoMats and Medical?
Run in Background is an accommodated way to run reports (mostly when large data is required to run) without interrupting the activity of a user in Vault.
Vault notifies the user when the report results are ready and the user can click the link in the notification to access the results.
A report can be run in background in two ways:
- From the Reporting page selecting the affected report.
- From the report editing page after opening the report.
- If there are updates to be done to the report, in order for Run in Background to be visible, first, the user has to click on Edit and perform the updates needed.
In both ways, the user receives a warning that the report is running.
When the results are ready to extract the user receives a notification via email. The email contains a hyperlink that leads to the results of the reports easily.
Note: The following limitations apply to reports run in the background:
- You can run up to five (5) reports in the background at one time.
- Reports will timeout after 2 hours.
- Results are cached for 35 days. The cached results are user-specific.
Vault Help Documentation: Run Reports in Background