How to fix broken images in an Email Fragment in Vault PromoMats and Vault Medical?
An email fragment represents a set of documents that users can link to within an email template.
A single email may include multiple email fragments, and a single email fragment can contain multiple (or zero) document links.
When creating an email fragment document, it is advised to compress the images into a Zip file that the user can add to the Assets relationship.
The Assets rendition is a ZIP file containing images used within the email template, email fragment, master email fragment, or template fragment.
Uploading this ZIP file allows the email fragment to reference images using relative URLs.
If the location of the images is not detected by Vault in the correct location within the ZIP file, the images do not render properly showing as broken images in the viewable rendition.
To rectify this issue, follow the below steps:
- Download the ZIP file from the Assets section or Download Options.
Extract All files from the Zip file with the right-click of the mouse and save the files locally to a targeted folder.
2. Upload the HTML file save in the targeted folder as a new version.
3. Delete the current Assets file and add only the Image ZIP file on the Assets section.
4. Refresh the page and the images show as expected.
Note: Re-rendering a document is advised if the steps above do not render the images.
Vault Help Documentation: About Approved Email
- How to Upload a New Document Version in PromoMats?
- How to Remove a Document Relationship in Vault PromoMats and Vault Medical?
- What is a Re-Render Document in PromoMats?