When is Field Force product-to-Territory inheritance Triggered in Veeva Align?
When are the Source=inheritance Territory Products created, updated or end dated? In the event any data related issues occur, are there practices to fix any data inconsistencies?
The functionality is supported in Modeling as well.
The prerequisites of this functionality are as follows.
- Be sure to set the Manage My Setup Products field to Yes in the Veeva CRM Org record. The field may be required to be placed onto the Page Layout
- Be sure to have the Field Force Product Inheritance set to Territories Inherit Field Force Products in Production Align Settings, as well as Modeling Align Settings. A Project should have a Modeling Align Settings record, whose Field Force Product Inheritance is set to Territories Inherit Field Force Products. This field may be required to be added onto the Align Settings and Model Align Settings Page layout respectively.
Source=inheritance Territory Products are created when Field Force Products are created. They are updated or end dated when their respective Field Force Products are updated respectively. This is also applied to the Modeling counterparts.
Source=Inheritance Territory Products must not be created, updated, deleted, end dated manually in both environments (Live) Production and Modeling environments). These actions are strongly not recommended as daily tasks.
In the event a data issue occurs, such as a source=territory product or the territory is deleted due to a mistake, it is possible to restore the Territory Products themselves.
In a Modeling Environment, a solution is the following:
- Restore the Territory
- Delete the associated Field Force Product of the deleted Territory Product.
- Using the Align Dataloader or Align UI, create the Field Force Product.
- The Source=Inheritance Territory Products get recreated.
In a Production Environment, the same steps may be applied. However, if there are MySetup Product records pushed out in CRM:
- The My Setup Records have to be soft-deleted in CRM
- A Push to CRM needs to be run. In the event, there are end-dated Territory Products. Expected SFDC related errors (Entity is Deleted or Insufficient Cross Reference Id) are in the error files.
An alternative solution to recreate the source=territory Products is the following in both environments (Production (Live) and Modeling):
- In case there are many records in this state, with the Align Dataloader, the Inheritance may be triggered by resaving the Field Force Product records, by changing one of the non-critical field values. It is not enough to simply resave them. A field change is necessary. This field may be the end date field.
In the event, the Field Force Product is resaved and its end date is set back with a day before (e.g 2050-01-01 to 2049-12-31). This action also triggers the inheritance and the Source=Territory Products are created. The end date can be set back to 2050-01-01.
- It is recommended to test these attempts in a sandbox first or with non-critical Production data.
Align Help Documentation: