Why is the Supported Document with Supporting Document Report returning duplicate Supporting Documents in Vault?
- This occurs when document relationship type Carry Forward Source Relationship is enabled.
- In this scenario, when a supporting document is added, a relationship record is created.
- When the Supported Document's version is updated. A new relationship record is created.
- This record is identical to the original record, except the version of the Supported Document is set to the current version.
- Document relationship reports are driven by relationship records, so if there are multiple relationship records between the same two documents, there will be "duplicate" rows in the report results.
Note: Adding a filter that looks for the most recent version within the context of document relationships may help you accomplish the desired results.