How to protect downloaded PDF Viewable Renditions from editing, printing and copying content in Vault?
Only users with Admin rights can perform this action.
Vault-generated PDF renditions are unprotected by default, but the Protected PDF setting can be configured in Vault to render password-protected PDF documents.
To configure this setting, follow the below steps:
- From the Admin console, select Rendition Settings under the Settings tab.
- Click Edit.
- Under the Protected PDF, tick the checkbox next to Generate Vault Protected PDFs.
When selected, three restrictions are enabled by default and each restriction has different options for an exception within the picklist:
For example, these are the options available in the PDF Edit Settings:
- Select the restriction desired and once the changes are made, click Save.
Once enabled, renditions are secured automatically with a randomly generated password. This setting affects all documents in Vault.
Vault Help Documentation: Protected PDF Renditions
- How Does a Protected PDF Rendition Work in Vault?
- How Does a Protected PDF Rendition Password Work in Vault?
- What Permissions are Related to Protected PDF Renditions?
- What are the Restrictions and Exceptions When Enabling Protected PDF Renditions in Vault?