Why Does Extending the End Date of CRM is Deleted = True Records not Work and Why is this Action not recommended in Veeva Align?
The Veeva Align objects potentially falling into this scenario are as follows:
- Account Territories
- Roster Member Territories
- Territory Products
The CRM is Deleted field is present on these objects.
For example, in case an Account Territory record is end dated, the CRM is Deleted field is set to true, once a Push to CRM has been run. The true value of the field indicates that the associated CRM equivalent record (OT2A in this case) is no longer accessible in Veeva CRM.
A Veeva Align Vault Owner/Local Market Admin may attempt to try restoring this record by simply extending its end date. This attempt will not be successful, as this step is not sufficient and may cause unexpected date-related data issues, as any updates done to the End Date field does not propagate to the End Datetime field of CRM is Deleted = True records.
This scenario also applies to Territories, Roster Member Territories, Territory Products, as they have Veeva CRM equivalents and Integration Status 2 record associations.
From a technical perspective with a specific order of appropriate actions, it is possible to restore CRM is Deleted = True Territories, Account Territories, Roster Member Territories, Territory Products.
However, executing them is disrecommended. Instead, new assignment creation is encouraged.
A potential reason to restore existing, CRM Deleted records is due to the presence of a custom integration process. The correct steps for restoration are explained in How to Restore an End Dated Territory and its Related Child Data in Veeva Align? Each step applies to the relevant child assignment record even if the Territory is not end dated.
For example, an end dated, CRM is Deleted = True Account Territory record can be restored by following these steps:
- Modify the CRM Is Deleted field back to False of the Account Territory record
- Extend the End Date of the Account Territory record
- Delete the Integration Status 2 records associated with the Account Territory record
- Verify the Date Time field values of the Account Territory record
- Run a Push to CRM job on the Territory record
This methodology applies to Roster Member Territories, Territory Products.
Align Help Documentation:
- What is the Purpose of the CRM is Deleted Field in Veeva Align?
- How to Restore an End Dated Territory and its Related Child Data in Veeva Align?
- Can an End Dated Veeva CRM-Deleted Territory and Assignments be Restored in Veeva Align?
- How to Query Integration Status 2 Records Based on Assignment Types in Veeva Align?