How Does the CRM Org Object Work in Veeva Vault from the Perspective of CRM Publishing and CRM Vault Metadata Sync Functionalities? How to appropriately manage CRM Org records in Veeva Vault?
The CRM Publishing tab allows a Vault end-user to run an Incremental Sync process in the CRM CLM / Approved Email / Engage Metadata Administration tabs from Veeva Vault.
Consider that CRM Vault Metadata sync is not enabled. A Vault requirement of this feature is to manually create a CRM Org record, populating the following fields:
- 18-Char CRM Org ID
- Include NSS
The CRM Vault Metadata Sync checkbox must not be edited in this case, as this checkbox is in relation with CRM Vault Metadata Sync which is a separate functionality.
CRM Vault Metadata Sync
The CRM Vault Metadata Sync functionality allows customers to create and maintain the same Product Catalog in CRM and Vault using the CRM Vault Metadata Sync feature, eliminating the need to manually update the Products between CRM and Vault.
In the event, CRM Vault Metadata Sync is set up in the CRM Vault Metadata Sync Tab in Veeva CRM, and the CRM Org record does not exist, the Integration creates a CRM Org record automatically in Vault, populating the following fields:
- 18-Char CRM Org ID - This is the field value the Integration matches on
- CRM Vault Metadata Sync
The Integrations and the Include NSS fields are not populated automatically, as CRM Vault Metadata Sync is a separate feature.
- In the event, CRM Vault Metadata Sync is not enabled, but CRM Publishing is enabled, meaning that the CRM Org record was created manually and correctly, setting up CRM Vault Metadata Sync will result in updating the existing CRM Org record, checking the CRM Vault Metadata Sync checkbox.
- In the event, CRM Vault Metadata Sync is enabled, but CRM Publishing is not enabled, meaning that the Integrations and Include NSS fields are not populated of the automatically created CRM Org record, Vault end users may optionally populate these fields manually to enable CRM Publishing, along with CRM Vault Metadata Sync.
CRM Help Documentation:
Vault Help Documentation:
- What are Primary and Secondary Field Mappings in the Approved Email, CLM, Engage Administration Tabs in Veeva CRM?
- Why are All CRM Products (Including CRM Detail Groups, CRM Product Groups) or Surveys or Directories or CRM Content Types Inactivated in Veeva Vault?