From the Actions Menu on the Case Response detail page in a Medical Inquiry, the Email Response action sends the response package to the case contact. When clicking the Email Response user action on the Case Response record, an error occurs: Server having problems.
This issue is caused by conflicting configurations in Vault Medical. It is not possible to send Case Response Emails if there is more than one Case Request record, unless the others are all closed.
In more detail:
- A user executes the Email Response action on the Case Response record.
- Executing this moves the Case Response record into Response Sent lifecycle state.
- The Entry Action to the Response Sent state changes the state of the Case Request record and Case record.
- The Entry Criteria for the Case record to enter into the Response Sent state is that all related Case Request records are Complete.
These configurations result in failure since there is another Case Request record that is still in the In Progress state. Since the State of the Case cannot be moved state and the State of the Case Response cannot be moved either, the Email Response function throws an error.
An Admin needs to do the following:
- Navigate to Admin --> Configuration --> Object Lifecycles.
- Change either the Entry Actions on the Response Sent state of the Case Response Lifecycle or the Entry Criteria on the Response Sent state of the Case Lifecycle.
Vault Help Documentation: Configuring Medical Inquiry