Why is an expected document not present in the initial folder when selecting a Leaf Operation Target in Vault RIM?
This is caused by the most recent version of the expected document being located in a different folder than the current one and it could happen because of either incorrect Joins or Content Plan Item (CPI) placement in the submission it was last on. There could also be incorrect Submission Metadata information for the target Submission if it was imported causing the document to be in a different folder than expected.
To correct this:
- If it is known that the document was misfiled previously (which may be the reason for the update) and where, change to the folder where it is located, then select document and select Save. No further steps need to be taken.
- If this is not known, find the document in the Library. Select Where Used in Content Plan Report from the document's All Actions Menu.
- On the new screen that appears, the Application, Submission, Content Plan, and Content Plan Item the document is used in should be displayed. From this, it may be possible to figure out which folder this is in. If so, go back to the Submission Content Plan and set the Leaf Operation Target. Find the folder the document is in and select it from there.
- If it was not possible to find the folder in the previous step, open the Archive Viewer.
- Use the filter to select the Application and Submission found in Step 3.
- Search for the document in the location for the CPI found in Step 3. If the document is not found, it may be necessary to search other folders/submissions than the ones expected.
- Once found, go back to the Submission Content Plan and set the Leaf Operation Target. Find the folder the document is in and select it from there.
Vault Help: Selecting a Leaf Operation Target