How to log in to the Windows Desktop app for Veeva CRM?
The Veeva CRM Windows Desktop app is now available for download and can be used in both Sandbox and Production orgs.
The Desktop app is a dedicated and independent app enabling users to access their media libraries whenever they need. In addition, the user's content in the app is automatically updated when changes are made to content in the Org.
Users can download the app by launching the online media library from the View Media Library tab in their Org, or from a Call report. The installer downloads automatically.
To log in to the Windows Desktop, follow these steps below.
- Install and open the Windows Desktop App.
Note: Users need to uninstall the previous CRM Desktop App or any previously downloaded Eval App versions in order to use this new Windows Desktop App.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the Sign In window.
- Select Sandbox or Production as appropriate for the Org being logged into.
- Click Sign In.
- A Web browser window opens, with a standard Salesforce login window for logging into a Sandbox or Production Org based on the user's selection.
- Users in Orgs where SSO is not set up or where users are using Delegated Authentication can log in directly with a username and password.
For information on logging into Orgs that use OAuth 2.0 or SAML for SSO, please see the following Knowledge Base article: How to Log in to The Veeva CRM Desktop App When The User is Using OAuth 2.0 or SAML For SSO?
- Once the user logs in, the Windows Desktop App connects to the Org and fetches presentations available to the signed-in user.
- It is the first time a user logs in to the Windows Desktop App
- Any time after if the user has logged out of the App or the User's session is expired
CRM Help Documentation: CRM Desktop (Windows)
Send us your feedback: We're always looking for feedback to help improve our Knowledge Base! Please let us know if this article was helpful or provide feedback on how we can improve your experience here.